HILLS Properties, recognized by Builder Magazine as one of the nation’s top 100 homebuilders, is continuing to grow and looking for an experienced Project Manager to successfully manage multiple construction projects. This position will report out of the Corporate Office located in Blue Ash, OH.
HILLS Project Managers have an unmatched record of success in completing new multi-family construction projects by managing all aspects, from both the office and field perspective including budget, scope, schedule, contracts, third party relationships, field, construction and delivery of large wood framed projects.
- Estimate and cost all plans (both architectural and sites). Compile accurate quantity take-offs per the company’s estimating standards. Establish and monitor budgets for all construction phases. Help identify cost-saving techniques, material, and procedures.
- Research all cost variances, cost over runs, and communicate findings to direct supervisor weekly. Monitor and communicate any hard-cost changes due to cost increases/decrease and quantity changes to supervisor.
- Establish and maintain a product database for the Company’s Chart of accounts. Provide special pricing and technical support on product related issues as needed.
- Issue thorough, accurate purchase orders within allotted time frames.
- Perform cost comparisons and analyses as requested. Update the cost information in company database as required. Maintain master price book.
- Estimate prices of all changes associated with any building or site revisions and provide written descriptions of change orders, and associated costs.
- Determine projects’ construction schedule (site/buildings) & staffing requirements.
- Identify, negotiate & obtain bids from potential subcontractors.
- Manage superintendents in helping to achieve our goals involving quality, cost & scheduling.
- Monitor and review of all plans for compliance with appropriate regulations, permits and codes.
- Oversee building plans for accuracy/completeness.
- Responsible for required construction reports/superintendents bonus plans.
- Ensure that meetings are held with owner and all associated officials as it relates to the project and its success.
- Ensure quality is being maintained and that the project is on schedule to meet the turnover schedule in the contract Review the monthly forecasts with executive management and owner.
- Responsible for overseeing purchase departments PO, VPO process & job cost reports.
- Responsible for the construction P.O. payment approval.
- Successfully manage the project to completion within budget and schedule.
- Responsible for analyzing job costs, actual vs. budget, & reporting findings.
- Perform site inspections to include quality, safety & community appearance inspections.
- Manage all contracts and sub relationships to ensure scopes and timelines are met.
- Will be responsible for managing all site contracts, budgets, project accounting, schedules, change orders etc.
- 5 years construction experience; Multi-family experience preferred.
- 3 -5 years supervisory experience
- Experience with Estimating and Estimating software systems
- Ability to read/interpret documents such as blueprints and engineer plans.
- Knowledge of zoning and building codes.
- Computer skill in applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
What HILLS offers YOU:
HILLS offers outstanding opportunities for professional and personal growth and practices a long-standing philosophy of hiring and retaining outstanding individuals with long term success. This position is accompanied by a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package including:
- Comprehensive and Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision options
- 401(k) with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Apartment Discount at one of our Luxury Communities
- Bonus Opportunity
|Job Category||Construction, Management|